Thursday 10 September 2015

Journey of our Food

Hello! I will share what I know about our food.

It is about how food reaches our cities.

It also shows the gratitude I have for the farmers who give us this wonderful gift of food.

Farmers start with planting crops such as, paddy, wheat, jowar, millet etc. Then they wait for rains and take care of their crops. Once the crops ripen, the farmers harvest it and load it on a truck. Then the truck takes the crops and gives these crops to different companies and these companies make ready to eat products like: Cornflakes, atta, rice etc...These products are then delivered to different stores and when we go shopping with our mums we buy these items, cook and eat it.

Now that I know all this, before I sit to eat, I will say a little prayer of thanks to the farmers who grow the food that little children like me eat.

We should not take our food for granted... and eat everything that is on our plate... (my mum is looking happy).

Bye... until the next post!

This is me, when I was really small,  holding harvest from our kitchen garden

4 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful thought dear. Children are taught to say annadaata sukhibhava before they start eating. I love thé fact that jour mother takes thé efforts to instil thèse values un you while you are still so young.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nayantara , remember me Adya ? I like the way you explain about the process of the way the food is picked and I also like the last picture you have put at the end !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for your comment, please come by again.

      Delete

Hello! Thanks for visiting my blog! let me know what you think... bye!